Latest EQSLs

This is an EQSL card I received this week from the station I worked in the Special Events video. It is from Nigel who was working the call sign MX0SSW which is Silcoates school. They were raising money for the blind. I worked this station on 2m FM.











This card from HR1AAB is from Alberto who is located in Honduras, South America, he was a 5 and 9 signal on 20m. I used my FT-847 and the antenna was the vertical multi-band Hustler 6BTV.











This is a card which was a nice surprise from Maurizio who is not a Licensed Ham but what we call a shortwave listener. He heard me speaking to a station in Spain on 40m, again on the FT-847 but this time I used a dipole antenna which is a G5RV. The same evening I managed to work over 25 stations on 40m, countries included Greece, Italy, Spain, Russia, Tenerife, France, Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic and Slovenia. There are many shortwave listeners and as you can see they do have fun sending cards also. Some shortwave listeners win awards for collecting cards from all around the world. If you are interested in becoming a shortwave listener you may do so by buying a HF receiver and construct some home-brew wire antennas making it quite a cheap way to get involved in the world of radio.


Good luck to all and 73s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design