Radio Activity This Week

I started off this week listening to higher portions of HF around 14 - 14.350MHz and I was very pleased to have stumbled across some rare DX stations giving me a solid signal 5 and 9 was 8P6GU who was Haschel from Barbados. After chatting to him I went on to speak to stations in Honduras, Puerto Rico, Peru and the USA.

The best performing antenna seemed to be the Cobwebb which consists of the formation of a large spiders web laying horizontally. I also use a Hustler vertical which often works well into South America and a G5RV which is a 102ft long dipole fed with 300 Ohm ribbon feeder. The reason all my antenns work so well is probably due to my location which is right on the top of a small hill 1000ft tall hanging off the edge of a very steep drop. Radio paradise!

Finally I worked M0RHQ, an RAF station (RAF Linton-On-Ouse) this afternoon which was an arranged QSO. I managed to speak to some of the personnel and a small networked formed from stations around the UK. This was on the lower frequencies known as the 80m band.

73s for now. Thanks for reading this rubbish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design