New Antenna Courtesy of the 2006 BARNSLEY HAMRADIO RALLY



On Sunday Morning myself and the YL headed down the M1 to Barnsley South Yorkshire.It was the 2006 Barnsley Ham Radio Rally and i was on the lookout for another mobile Antenna.I already own quite a few tryed and tested beautys which include Maldol 80m,40m,20m,mono-banders a Maldol multibander 40m,15m,10m,6m,2m & 70cms.A mono-band 6M,10m,2m,and a Tri-band 6m,2m,70cms from Watson.
This mission was to obtain a 15m-21mhz mobile Antenna,after a tour round the stalls i ended up at the Lam Communications stall where Lee the owner offered me a Comet 15m mobile Antenna.
I was really after Maldol but i decided to try the comet and after the friendly discount i was quite happy with the purchase.
I installed the Antenna to my second HF mount which is fed through a 2Way Antenna Switch in my DX machine (RAV4 TOYOTA powered FT100).
On the return journey back up North to my QTH i was recieving good signals from the Blueridge Mountain in the USA,also South America, and I had a QSO with a 5/9+ signal both ways with SV9GPV (Greece)despite the Band conditions been poor.
Im looking forward to working on 15m more regulary from the mobile so HAMS AND SWLs listen up!

Comments

Phaze58 said…
Yipee
got myself a new hdd and have got it up and running, not got much software on it yet tho si, the "other software" has all my attention so far..;)
regards
M1PAC
MØYKS Simon said…
Other Sortware, uum

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M