Ham Radio Blogspot goes on a Tour of EA6 Mallorca

click any image to Enlarge
We had a nice week in EA6-Mallorca and are now re-vitalised and ready to make some noise up on the Amateur Radio Bands from my Licenced Station here in the U.K

During the last week we covered over 350 KM on two motorcycles, Kawasaki KLE 5oo and a Suzuki Marauder whilst touring the Island of Mallorca. We both got a great Sun tan and met some very nice Mallorcan people.

So hopefully I should have some energy and new experiences to try out regarding Radio and get some inspiration to blog here on ham Radio Blogspot. ;-)



There were opportunities to look out for Antennas, I saw quite a few on our travels. One antenna sighting you can see here at the old town of Alcudia. I spotted some interesting Arrays up and down the Island.

There were some very nice locations to operate radio but my Licence allows all bands and modes but only in the U.K so it was just pure holidaying for me!!

Other News
Thanks to Eric PA1TNO for commenting regarding our recent QSO via VO-52, Hope to do it again Eric and anyone else who may be interested in satellite Communications.

Also Thanks to Nash JN4VWH for sending me his lovely QSL card which confirms our contact back in March when we used repeaters and echolink.

Tonight's Radio News

I just made a 5/7 QSO with YV5MSG Werther from Venezuela this evening at 22.19 UTC, which makes our 3rd QSO this year.
picture of YV5MSG Werther.

At 11.08 UTC also on 20M I bumped into VK3MO Ian near Melbourne for the second time this year working long path.

Ian's antenna array from below


Ian and I exchanged 5/8 reports and had good couple of overs each, tonight's DX contacts after a week in EA6 certainly fired the enthusiasm levels! Hooray for Ham Radio!

Hopefully the next few evenings will be interesting on 20M and I will get the chance to make some new contacts and DX? 73 to all and hopefully good DX.

Comments

Tomas said…
Nice story and pictures! I am looking forward for your next blog spots. Btw, let me invite you to our website/blog. It is still in start phase, perhaps sometimes it will be like your blog ;-)

73! de Tomas
Phaze58 said…
Nice to have you back ..both of you.
I now only have the FT-100d and Vectonics tuner, a bit of wire and 2 antennas 3 ele 6mtr beam and one I made up of bits and the wire , I have tried 20 mtrs BUT its not quite resonant there still listen out for me on 14.070 the laptop is attached to the rig , and I made an opto isolator doohickey for PSK,SSTV,RTTY ;)) Ive still got the rigblaster but I can't use it on the FT-100:((
Will be scanning 145mhz for you and I still have the VX-170 2 mtr handset so if you give me a call I can get back to you on that . I Hope to see you soon,to have a chinwag and catch up..but for now catch you L8R 73 de M1PAC
MØYKS Simon said…
Greetings Tomas OK4BX,

Thanks for the comment and the invite to your new site!

I have browsed your site and it is already impressive. ;-) I will shortly add it to my links.

Look forward to exploring the new site more in the near future. Interesting story regarding your Father's Key to the Shack? I have had simular experences in the past! There are many strange people in the World h.i.

All the best and hope to hear from you soon.
73 de Simon
MØYKS Simon said…
Hello Phil M1PAC,

Sounds like you've been keeping busy with the wheeling and dealing as well as home brew construction of the infamous M1PAC Opto-Isolator. You were always well up on electronic knowledge so I guess it works well!

I wonder which rig blaster you use? Mine is just the basic Nomic, it works well but it is a pain if you want to talk and send data together as it dont have a mic input socket. I have to unplug it quickly and plug the MIC in h.i.

I will shout you on 145.500 tonight if you are monitoring?

Catch up soon, best regards from us both and 73 to Barron from Dudley ;-)

de Simon
Tomas said…
Thanks for visit, Simon. You are welcome. I hope I will keep site up to date for some time maybe years ;-)) Btw your blog and youtube channel was one of impulses to start this project..

I want be qrv in iota contest - S&P as usually, maybe we could here each other.

73! de Tomas
MØYKS Simon said…
Thanks Tomas, I am happy that my Blog and Youtube stuff has helped to light the candle regarding you getting your own Site! ;-)

I get a buzz out of all the feedback and comments I receive and I am pleased that you are doing simular things!

Hope to meet you on air soon agn, all the best for you and your family. 73
Anonymous said…
Seem like Long Way Down TV-series, Simon!
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Sardjana,

yes I agree, a long way down! I enjoy touring around on Motorcycles!

The only way to travel. ;-)

Regards & 73

Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M