Early morning Mobile Dx into North Japan

This morning I was fortunate to hear some big signals coming through on my mobile work bound journey. I heard VK3MO from Austrailia with a 5/9 just as he was closing down. I then tuned up the band (20M) and came across Kentaro - JO7CVU from Sendai City, North Japan.
Ken was coming through 5/8 and peaked at 5/9, I gave Ken a quick call from the mobile FT-857 and Maldol 20M antenna and too my great surprise Ken - JO7CVU came straight back to me and gave me a 5/6 report.

I managed to sweet talk Louise M3TLL to video the contact with Ken, I should be uploading it this evening. This definately was a great copy from my mobile running 50watts in to North Japan, I will be listening out for early morning DX tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M