20M DX Band

Solar activity was favourable last night and I was fortunate with my timing as I tuned across 20m to find VK3MO putting out a CQ call. I was straight back to Melbourne, Australia with a 5/9 report from Ian – VK3MO. Earlier around 22.30 utc also on 20m I made another QSO with CO6LC located in Cuba exchanging 5/7 reports. The band did seem to be quite stable with plenty of good DX openings, I heard The British Virgin Islands as well as lots of Stateside some of which were loud 5/9 signals. The only problem I encountered was the clock ticking away and at Midnight (local time) I had to pull the plug to catch some shut eye ready for work in the morning.

I was running the Yaesu FT-767GX, Heil Gold line Mic and 50Watts into the Vertical Delta Loop cut for 20M. This homebrew antenna is still outperforming the Doublet and Hustler 99% of the time, I recommend trying one found in my earlier post on the. 20M home brew Delta Loop

I also got the chance to set up the Arrow Satellite antenna and use the two hand held rigs to work some Stations during the AO-51 pass that took place. It was fun but windy and very cold despite the lovely sunset, typically the kind of WX which limited the Satellite Ham fun to just the single outdoor session. (With a quick retreat indoors and a hot cup of Coffee)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M