Bancroft Mill Activation - Mills On The Air

This Sunday the 17th of May we will be active alongside the rest of the CRAG Members at Bancroft Mill , Barnoldswick, Lancashire.
The Craven Radio Amateur Group will be operating from the Steam powered mill which will be running with the steam engine fully powered up.
Listen out for the CRAG call sign – MX0BCQ/A operating on most of the HF bands as well as VHF. The WAB square at the steam powered mill is SD84 which will be up for grabs during the activation. We will be on air from around 10.00 utc and the event will be all available to the general public.
Louise – M3TLL and I, will be taking some pictures in between playing radio as well as learning about steam powered mills and weaving. It should be a great day out as I used to be the Maintenance Engineer during the 80s working in a still existent local Baildon Steam Powered Mill. I will tell you more about Sundays event when it happens and hope to work some of you on the day.

Comments

Phaze58 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phaze58 said…
I will pay you a visit on Sunday.
seeing as I know where Barlik is ,but can I remember where the Mill is ???nope I am going to have to google it ah BB18 5QR there we go ... see you there Bud.
Unknown said…
Hi Simon,

I tried to contact your team yesterday, but my mobile antenna in the garden doesn't work fine.
Better luck next time.

Best regards,

Cyril F4FUL
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Cyril,

Nice to hear from you, I hope you had a good SOTA Expedition.

I hope we can make a schedule for a QSO sometime?

Best 73 and good DX.

Simon
Unknown said…
Hello Simon,

As you know i don't have antennas installed at home.
But when i'll manage a portable work, i'll warn you.
I'll go 2 weeks in Italy for holidays in the end of June, and i think i'll take my FT897 (+ a small psu and antenna tuner) with me. So if it will be the case, i'll give you some frequencys and time to try to catch us on the air.

Best regards my friend.
MØYKS Simon said…
Hello Cyril,

I am pleased to hear about your up and coming holiday to Italy (Sounds Good). It will be a pleasure trying to work you on your Ft-897 /P.

Hope you have a good weekend and hope to hear from you again soon dear friend Cyril.

Best regards and many thanks,

Simon - 2E0HTS

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M