Mobiling


Despite the constant downpours of rain that we have been experiencing, as arranged from the previous weekend Barry - 2E0OOC fellow Ham and good friend was waiting for me as I returned home Sunday evening. He had recently changed his vehicle to a Toyota Estima which was the same as mine so I had offered to install his radio equipment for him as I had already established the best way to do the job. 2E0OOC 's rig and antenna's are also the same as what I use in the mobile which are: Yaesu FT-857 Rig & Maldol HFC Antenna's.
After around 90 minutes the Rig was mounted in the dash fed direct to the vehicle battery and I had fitted two antenna mounts (HF & VHF) to the rear of the vehicle. Barry was mobile once again and I was slightly weathered and rained on but satisfied with the result.
All in all a good evenings work!

I also have had the pleasure of working BARD member and fellow YouTuber M0OGY - Dave from North Lincs. This time we have worked each other mobile to mobile on three occasions over the last week.
Dave and I have caught each other on 2M FM around 17.03 local time during our journeys back home from work. M0OGY/M - Dave comes through well (5/6 - 5/9) as I am driving up the top of the moors at around 1000ft ASL.
I am not sure of the exact distance to Dave in Lincolnshire, but it is at least 70 - 80 miles East of my location.

I am always impressed with the mobile side of amateur radio both on HF and VHF, hope to work some more of you mobile stations "mobile to mobile" soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design