NOAA-19 Over N.W Europe

With Iceland's Volcano Eyjafjallajökull causing so much controversy, I decided to track NOOA -19's latest pass with the help from Satscape.
I wanted to see if I could spot the Volcanic ash that everyone is hearing about for myself.

The equipment I used today was my good old Yaesu FT-2600M and a 137MHz vertical whip. NOAA-19 transmits APT on FM at 137.100 MHz.

There are more NOOA Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite(POES) which transmit images of the Earth and are simple enough to receive and decode. I am still using Radiocom 5.2 to decode the WX images as seen below.

Image of UK captured by NOAA-19, Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite(POES) received at my Amateur Station at 12.38 utc today.

Comments

MØYKS Simon said…
Thank You Very Much!
Phaze58 said…
I cant see anything for that big ash cloud .
Nice one Si. going to try a bit of that later when I have a bit more room .
MØYKS Simon said…
Thanks Phil,

watch out for the dust! hi hi

Good look with your activity's and let us all know how you get on.

73 Simon
Alisson Bento said…
WWW.ABNIX.COM.BR - Seja Nosso vedendor ganhe 50 % das suas vendas, Indique Clientes para ABniX Host. Na Quinta Venda Damos um Dominio com hospedagem Gratis . msn - suporte@abnix.com.br

Tenha Sua Rádio Web a 40 reias com Site Administravel - streaming de 1000 ouvintes a 64kbs com auto dj d. 10 gigas Já Incluso com Hospedagem. Entre no site www.abnix.com.br ou msn suporte@abnix.com.br

Hospedagem de Sites - 250 gigas de espaço com trafego ilimitado
R$10.00 Reias Mensal.

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design