Day 28 February QSO Challenge



My challenge for today was also a brand new experience for me as I have never tried to work anyone on the 30M band before.
 I tuned my FT-1000MKV to 10.141MHz and found quite a few stations coming in well on PSK31 with my Hustler vertical in line.
Earlier in the QSO challenge, PE4BAS had commented in a previous post where I had used PSK31 Deluxe to make a QSO. Bas recommended DM780, so I thought I would give it a go on 30M.
 I made my first ever 30M QSO successfully running just 20W at 20.19 utc, when I worked Andy - UW8SM from The Ukraine. The signal reports were good, 599 both ways. Our QSO using DM780 can be seen in the screen shot below.


It will take a bit of time to familiarise myself with the program but I shall give it a good trying out! 73 & see you tomorrow for the Grand Finale of the February QSO Challenge.

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Great Simon, I follow your challenge every day. I'm surprised you never made any QSO on 30m as it is a very nice band and open for DX very often. Anyway there are so many things you can do with amateurradio. I have a day off from work tomorrow and want to try out easypal SSTV. I discovered some sites that show what has been received on 80m and the pictures are super clear. I wish you good luck with the last day of the challenge tomorrow....73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas and thanks! yes I am also surprised it has taken 8 years to pull my finger out and try 30m hi

I am happy to hear you have been keeping an eye on my progress :) I have been enjoying it and from now on I will try my best to keep making at least one QSO every day, it is harder than I thought it would be.h.i

Hope you have a good day off work and I will sort out easypal and hopefully make a QSO with you. 73 Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design